Last updated 07/28/2021
Zoom Video Conferencing, the video platform being used to conduct remote lectures for students all around the country, is now AVAILABLE for FREE for all USC Gold Card Holders! For those without access to their USC emails, you are also able to download a free version (with limited functions) here.
You can use Zoom to:
– Video chat with friends and family
– Use the share screen function to give a follow-along storytelling session
– Conduct lectures and meetings for up to 300 people
– And More!
To Get Started (USC Email holders):
- Go to usc.zoom.us, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link to download the Zoom app to your desktop, laptop or mobile phone.
- Start the app and log in using Shibboleth (USC’s single sign-on (SSO) system. Click here for sample screenshots.
Check out this introductory video for a more detailed explanation!
The Emeriti Center will also be hosting weekly Zoom Learning Sessions to foster intergenerational interactions, as well as offer various online workshops.
Below are some additional video links to help you learn more about Zoom’s different functionalities:
Joining and Configuring Audio and Video
Visit the Zoom website for more information.
For support, contact USC ITS at 213-740-5555 or email@example.com.
For general inquires, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our student workers are available to provide one-on-one support if necessary.