Last updated 04/24/2022
Generally, faculty and staff use Microsoft Office so their files will still be intact once they retire as once an iVIP affiliate account is enabled, retired faculty and staff will lose access to their USC Google Drive files. This guide is for those individuals that stored their files in Google Drive instead of Microsoft Office’s One Drive. To prevent loss of access to your files, follow these steps for Google Takeout/exporting your files:
- Visit https://google.usc.edu
- Select Google Takeout.
- Log in using your USC NetID and password.
- Under Select data to include, select the services from which you would like to download data.
- Click Next.
- Select a File type and Delivery method.
- Click Create archive (depending on the amount of data on the account, archiving can take hours or days to process).
For more, please see: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en