Robert P. Biller Award
Bob Biller served the University as a faculty member and as a dean of numerous schools. After his retirement, he played a key role on the Retired Faculty Association (RFA) board as well as a leader at the Emeriti Center. His collegiality and focus on bringing both the faculty and staff together post-retirement generated many activities that are enjoyed jointly today.
The RFA and the SRA (Staff Retirement Association) boards created The Robert P. Biller Service Award in 2014. The special award recognizes a USC retired faculty or staff member who serves in a volunteer position and promotes collegiality among all disciplines and among faculty and staff. The award is for extra ordinary and inclusive volunteer service in retirement.
Nominate a faculty or Staff member
Nominations are open throughout the year as the award is conferred rarely to recognize an outstanding retiree.
Criteria for this award:
- The nominee must be a retired USC staff or faculty member who has worked at USC for a minimum of five years.
- The nominee has demonstrated significant volunteer contributions to the creation, improvement, or enhancement of any academic program, department, school, or administrative unit following retirement.
- The nominee embodies an inclusive spirit and demonstrates collaboration among all levels of staff, faculty, and students.
- A letter of nomination accompanied by one or more names of those willing to endorse the nominee to offer additional insights or evidence of the contributions.
- Nominations can be made by anyone in the USC community, including active and retired USC faculty and staff, and USC alumni.