Last updated 10/23/2022
The USC and UCLA Emeriti Centers celebrated
International Day of Older Persons with an intergenerational interactive panel of faculty and students.
The year 2020 marks the 75th Anniversary of the United Nations and the 30th Anniversary of the UN’s International Day of Older Persons. 2020 observance will also promote the World Health Organization’s Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020-2030).
On Thursday, October 1st at 10:00 AM, leaders and students from USC and UCLA had an intergenerational discussion.
The interactive panel discussion was led by Caroline Cicero, Janette Brown, and Ayesha Dixon. We learned about:
- United Nations’ International Day of Older Persons
- USC and UCLA Age Friendly University Network
- UCLA Emeriti/Retirees Relation Center & USC Emeriti Center
And we discussed:
- What our students, alums, and employees think are the most pressing issues facing older adults
- What are we doing on both campuses to promote inclusion and celebration of older adults
- What are our students’ perspectives about intergenerational learning and relationships
- What IS the “Age Friendly University Network”?
To learn more and view the video “Change the Way You Think About Age” visit: https://www.un.org/en/observances/older-persons-day
The recording is provided here:
The USC Emeriti Center supports USC faculty and staff in living healthy and purposeful lives throughout their lifecycle by providing opportunities for service, learning, teaching, and research. We support inclusive multidisciplinary, multigenerational, and multicultural programs for the entire Trojan Family and the greater community.