Skip to content


University Courses

To be a guest in or be an unofficial auditor in a class, you must receive prior approval from the instructor or academic department, fill out an Unofficial Audit Contract, and submit it to the Emeriti Center for processing.

To officially audit a course, you must receive prior approval from the registrar, instructor, or academic department, and also pay tuition.

Contract for Unofficial USC Course Auditing


USC retirees with a Gold Card may use the on-campus library resources. Please go to the circulation desk at Doheny Memorial Library to obtain a library bar-code strip which will be affixed on the back of your Gold Card. You will need to call the library annually in order to ensure that your borrowing privileges are renewed (phone 213-740-2924 or email

USC retirees with a Gold card and library barcode strip may also obtain on-campus access to online resources.

USC Doheny Memorial Library, University Park Campus

Obtain privileges at all libraries in the USC Library System; renew library card at circulation desk.
phone: (213) 740- 2924

USC Norris Medical Library, Health Sciences Campus

Obtain privileges at the medical and pharmacy library; renew library card at circulation desk.
phone: (323) 442-1116

Remote Access to Electronic Library Resources

Off-campus access to electronic content, is available for emertius faculty an those faculty members who are recalled to service.

The Libraries will continue to welcome all retired USC faculty and staff with Gold Cards to in-person access to our collections. Retirees remain highly valued members of our academic community.

As to off-campus access to electronic content, we are legally obligated to conform to the licenses from publishers and vendors which stipulate that such access is available only to current USC faculty, students and staff. Under that definition, “current faculty” includes emeritus/emerita faculty and also retired faculty who have been recalled to service, including those engaged in continued research without compensation. “Current staff” includes individuals who are engaged in continued service or research with approval but without compensation.

To comply with the licenses from publishers, if you are a retired faculty or staff member seeking to be recalled to service (uncompensated) so you can engage in continued research, please notify the Emeriti Center. The Center will seek needed approval from the appropriate dean’s office and the Provost’s office. Those approvals will be forwarded so you can be provided remote electronic access for the period approved. Our goal is to make this a simple and convenient process, but the university must act in compliance with the terms of the licenses.

We are delighted that so many of our retirees remain active as scholars.

Tuition Assistance

USC Office of Benefits Administration
Only children of retirees who meet eligibility requirements, including 15 years of continuous USC employment, receive tuition assistance.
Phone: (213) 740-6027