USC Physical Therapists and clinical doctorate students offered a series of short concurrent workshops (including individual physical screening) related to Balance, Strength, Flexibility, Posture, and Cardiovascular Health.
Monday, August 19, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
CHP Center for the Health Professions Building– Room 224
USC Health Sciences Campus, 1540 Alcazar St., Los Angeles, CA 90033
USC Faculty Presenters:
Nutrition and Healthy Aging
– We had two registered dietitians who provided healthy nutrition education.
– Nutrition and Healthy Aging Slideshow
My Feet Hurt
– In this session we discussed common foot problems and solutions for fall prevention.
Ways to Maintain Your Pelvic Health: A Conservative Approach
– We discussed how to incorporate your pelvic floor exercises into your day to day activities and learned about pelvic health and how you can maintain good muscle, bowel and bladder health through both exercise and healthy habits
– The Pelvic Floor Muscles Handout
– Constipation Yoga Sequence Handout
Including Exercise in Your Daily Schedule
– In this session we performed balance, strength, power, and endurance exercises that prevent frailty.
– Incorporate Exercises Handout
Kung Fu for Strength and Balance
– Kung Fu is a form of Chinese martial arts. In this session we learned some martial arts to train your strength, endurance, and balance.
– Kung Fu Handouts