USC Physical Therapists and clinical doctorate students offered a series of short concurrent workshops (including individual physical screening) related to Balance, Strength, Endurance, Posture, Cardiovascular, and Pelvic Floor Health to help keep you fit and healthy.
Topics: Nutrition and Healthy Aging – My Feet Hurt – Ways to maintain your pelvic health: a conservative approach – Including Exercise in Your Daily Schedule – Kung Fu for Strength and Balance
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
University Religious Center (URC) – Fishbowl
835 W. 34th St., Los Angeles, CA 90089
USC Faculty Presenters:
Here is the slideshow that was presented during this workshop: PT Workshop Slides
Topics that were covered:
- Nutrition and Healthy Aging
- We had two registered dietitians who will provide healthy nutrition education.
- Nutrition and Healthy Aging PowerPoint
- My Feet Hurt
- In this session, we discussed common foot problems and solutions for fall prevention.
- Foot Brochure
- Ways to maintain your pelvic health: a conservative approach
- Including Exercise in Your Daily Schedule
- Do you sometimes feel that you don’t have time to exercise? We talked about some creative ways to incorporate exercise into your daily schedule, so it doesn’t feel like a chore. In this session, we covered balance, strength, power, and endurance exercises that prevent frailty.
- Incorporating Exercise Handout
- Kung Fu for Strength and Balance
- Kung Fu is a form of Chinese martial arts. In this session, we learned some martial arts to train your strength, endurance, and balance.
- Kung Fu Handout