USC Physical Therapists and clinical doctorate students offered a series of short concurrent workshops (including individual physical screening) related to Balance, Strength, Endurance, Posture, Cardiovascular, and Pelvic Floor Health to help keep you fit and healthy.
Topics: Nutrition and Healthy Aging – My Feet Hurt – Ways to maintain your pelvic health: a conservative approach – Including Exercise in Your Daily Schedule – Kung Fu for Strength and Balance
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
University Religious Center (URC) – Fishbowl
835 W. 34th St., Los Angeles, CA 90089
USC Faculty Presenters:
Here is the slideshow that was presented during this workshop: PT Workshop Slides
Topics that were covered:
- Nutrition and Healthy Aging
- We had two registered dietitians who will provide healthy nutrition education.
- Nutrition and Healthy Aging Slideshow
- My Feet Hurt
- In this session, we discussed common foot problems and solutions for fall prevention.
- Ways to maintain your pelvic health: a conservative approach
- Learn about your pelvic health and how you can maintain good muscle, bowel and bladder health through both exercise and healthy habits. We will also discuss how to incorporate your pelvic floor exercises into your day to day activities.
- The Pelvic Floor Muscles Handout
- Including Exercise in Your Daily Schedule
- Do you sometimes feel that you don’t have time to exercise? We talked about some creative ways to incorporate exercise into your daily schedule, so it doesn’t feel like a chore. In this session, we covered balance, strength, power, and endurance exercises that prevent frailty.
- Incorporating Exercise Handout
- Kung Fu for Strength and Balance
- Kung Fu is a form of Chinese martial arts. In this session, we learned some martial arts to train your strength, endurance, and balance.
- Kung Fu Handout