The USC Emeriti Center is pleased to offer this special Wellness Event: USC Physical Therapy Workshop
USC Physical Therapists and clinical doctorate students will offer a series of short concurrent workshops that can help with safe and healthy aging.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 1:00 pm.
University Religious Center, URC 208, 835 W. 34th St., Los Angeles, CA 90089
To register, please call (213) 740-7122 or click HERE.
Topics for this year include:
- What You Can Do to Help a Loved One at Home with Impaired Mobility
- Learn how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe when providing caregiver assistance at home. Learn various techniques to help with mobility while protecting yourself from injury.
- Self-massage and caregiver massage techniques
- Find out how you can use massage and stretching techniques to take care of some of your body aches and pains. Learn how you can help your loved ones with their tight muscles and joints.
- Tai Chi
- Explore how practical applications of Tai Chi Chuan can improve your posture, balance, strength and breath control while developing an inner calmness
- Pelvic floor health and sexual function
- Learn pelvic floor anatomy and function along with common dysfunctions of the pelvic floor. Learn more about how pelvic health and orthopedic considerations can influence your sexual health and function.
USC Faculty Presenters:
Parking is available in Parking Structure D at Gate 4 (on Jefferson Blvd. across the street from the Shrine Auditorium). Gold Card retirees park free. For all others, there is a $12 fee. The event is free.
To register, please call (213) 740-7122 or click here.