Trojans Helping Trojans (THT) evolved through our USC Trojan Encore Program, and completed its first year in June 2014.
THT is an active committee of staff and faculty, mostly retired, that meets monthly to find ways to help and to continue their connections to USC during retirement.
If interested in joining this great group, please contact the Emeriti Center at 213-740-7121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee members contacted recent retirees to make sure they had received retirement documents and were able to complete them.
- The Committee assisted the Emeriti Center with special mailing projects throughout the year.
- THT members encouraged retirees to attend some of the Emeriti Center College outreach programs in local library branches. In Palos Verdes, over 60 attended the program and 17 retirees attended no-host luncheons.
- Currently, the committee is creating a survey to identify programs our retirees would find interesting and helpful.
- A new committee is creating a resource guide for USC retirees on how to stay safe, especially those living alone.
- One of the THT committee members and the SRA special events coordinator are organizing a tour of historic theatres in downtown Los Angeles.